Jason Quick

Default Pathetic wood lust moment...

So I'm sitting at the in-laws the other night in the living room. In one
corner there's an old upright piano that apparently SWMBO and the BiL
pounded around on when they were kids. The thing is at least a century old.
Now it mostly does duty as a multi-level table on which the MIL displays
pictures of the grandkids and family.

Did I mention it's made of quartersawn white oak? *Thick* QSWO. It's
byootiful. The finish is all orange-peeled and crackly, too.

Then the MIL made some comment about how she should probably get rid of the
thing, since no one's played it in ages. And all I could think was, "Yeah,
give it to me, Mom...*I"ll* take care of that sumbitch..."

Jason