Peter

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:58:58 -0600, SBAER
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:18:21 -0600, SBAER
wrote:

I am an engineer, I do machine design on a contract basis mostly
automation equipment. I have to design a flat belt conveyor (something
the customer normally just purchases) about 10" wide and 24" long.
My question concerns the crown on the pulleys. Does the tail pulley
have to be crowned as well as the head pulley? I prefer to approximate
the crown by turning a slight angle on each end of the pulley so that
the machining can be done on a simple lathe. Does anybody have a
suggestion as to the angle and length of this chamfer?
My four year engineering education did not cover this (or anything else
that might be of use to a automation designer) and none of my handbooks
have do either.

Any help would be appreciated.

stan

Stan, where are you located? Ive got a ****load of stuff for conveyor
systems that I need someone to haul off.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio

I'm near Toronto, not a quick drive down the road I'm afraid.

stan

Sigh...nope...not a quick one.

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner