jmiguez

"It is
apparent after using it briefly that the apron has NO
lockout that prevents one from simultaneously engaging the
longitudinal feed and the half nuts."

DoN, I am not sure what I would look for. I had always used the half
nut lever to engage the carriage meovement. It was only after getting
a couple of old books on lathe operation that I learned I wasn't
susposed to do this. I actually find it easier to use the lever. I
have to think which way to turn the star knob to stop the carriage.
That scares me when it gets close to the chuck or face plate.

John