User N

"AZGuy" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:25:10 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

As it stands right now... HOTin and NEUTRALin are connected
to the lower outlet's push in terminals, HOTout and NEUTRALout
are connected to the lower outlet's screw terminals, and SWITCHout
is also connected to the lower outlet's screw terminal.

I don't know if it's kosher to use the screws and push in terminals to
daisychain circuits... It does work so should be OK.

FWIW, I finally managed to stumble across some discussions regarding
that point:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...223018702.html
http://www.iaei.org/magazine/03_e/03_UL_sept_oct.pdf
http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?p=63881

If I'm reading them correctly, it is technically OK that I have power coming
into the push in (backstab) terminals and then going out the binding screw
terminals. But apparently alot of experienced folk don't like to use the
backstab terminals.

BUT you should only have ONE wire under a terminal screw. If you can't do
that, then you put a short wire under the screw and join it to the other
wires with a wirenut.

Apparently, the house was wired before that was required by code.
Assuming it is required. In any case, I can understand why it would
be undesireable.

And if wiring the two outlet's (in the one duplex outlet) so ones on a
switch be sure to break off the connecting shunts between the two.

Well the neutral side IS shunted, the hot side is NOT shunted since
hot is fed to the top plug via the wall switch.

At this point I'm thinking that since the neutral side is shunted, I could
utilize both top and bottom binding screws and thereby eliminate the
neutral going into the backstab without pigtailing. But on the hot side
I'd pigtail into the binding screw.