William R. Walsh

Hi!

I like the instant heat.

I didn't think quartz-based heaters got up to heating *instantly*? Did I
miss something?

But I've heard
of the tubes blowing after a couple of months.

Never seen that happen. I suppose defective tubes or a defective batch are
possible, but every heater I've ever seen with quartz tubes has lasted a
long time. Of course, the tubes are basically quartz lamps so breaking them
by impact or rough handling is always possible. I have seen that happen.

If the failure of a tube bothers you, choose a heater with replaceable
tubes. I know that the Marvin company in the US makes at least one model
that features user-replaceable tubs. I have one of these in my garage.

William