Jerry G.

These quartz bulbs run very hot. The design of the fiture to use them
must meet very ridged safety standards, especialy for heat.

There have been many fires from these types of lamps. Some insurance
companies over here, may charge slightly increased rates if they know
that their client is using these in their home. This is why in may
places, they are no longer selling these types of lamps.

Jerry G.
========

David Sewell wrote:
Hi, I've been trying to get some information in general on these

appliances,
like efficiency and safety and stuff. But not been able to form a

yes no
opinion so far from scant stuff I have found so far. Like what is

different
about these tubes to ordinary lighting halogen tubes, and how long

should
they last. And ,basically ,are they any good!? They are not for

sale in
most large UK department stores, which worries me!

Thanks,
David