Bazzer

Default 9 inch party wall with plaster board dry lining.

Oh dear! Noisy neighbours !
Can you get to know them and in a friendly way explain the problem? Ask

them
if they would like to come round to your place for a listen. Extreme tact
and caution is necessary. It may be best to start by raising the subject

the
other way round. If you can ask them in for a coffee or something steer

the
conversation round to the party wall and ask if they are disturbed by your
TV or any other sounds that you make. If they don't ask you in return
discretion may be the better part of valour! You could offer to swap some
CDs then you could a least hear their music properly!

Where adequate soundproofing is not part of the original construction it

is
hard to achieve afterwards. Remember that it is not just the wall between
the houses but also the unlined dividing wall in the roofspace.

Richard.

Many thanks for the tips,
The noise is not to bad from next door, I expect I make more noise than
them.
It is just that as there is no noise insulation built into the wall I hoped
I could do something about it.
For most of the time my room is quite so the noise through the wall is very
noticeable.
Bazzer