Larry Jaques

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:50:01 GMT, the inscrutable Jim Laumann
spake:

HI

I have a carbide tipped 10" blade which is causing some "burned" marks
on wood. It occurs when I'm ripping, and have to stop to reposition
my hands. As long as I keep the wood in motion, things are ok.

Seems to me I read something about using oven cleaner to remove
the build up. Can any one confirm?

Simple Green is my favorite. Remove the blade, soak for a few minutes
in a large pie tin, scrub gently with an old used (wife's/kid's)
toothbrush, rinse, wipe dry, and reinstall. You're done in half an
hour (with half of that time soaking while you do something else,
like clean inside the saw and sweep the floor.)

TANSTAAFL: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
http://diversify.com Gourmet Web Applications