TURTLE

"Ron" wrote in message
m...
I need to repipe my house. I have plumbing running through slab and it
developed a leak. Rather than repair the pipe in the slab and risking
another leak, I'm going to abandon the slab plumbing and run pipe in the
walls and ceilings. I've heard some contractors tell me that I should use
type 'L' pipe while others tell me type 'M' is fine. Can anyone tell me the
advantages and disadvantages of either pipe and their experiences with
repiping a house.
any help appreciated.
Ron

This is Turtle.

I have read most of the replys and am just about lost in the vast number of
options. So here is another 2 cent option.

In the HVAC/R business we use Type L soft copper for freon lines for the
equipment. If we want to add just a little more thickiness to the wall of the
tubing. We can use a Type K Soft Copper to add just a little more wall
thickiness to prevent leaks and wearing of tubing leaks. The Type K & L will
still use the regular Plumbing or Refrigeration type fittings and have to not
changed anything. So I would just use Type K Soft Copper.

TURTLE