effi

"willshak" wrote in message
On 1/29/2005 4:44 AM US(ET), effi took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

"Ron" wrote in message
. com...

I need to repipe my house. I have plumbing running through slab and it
developed a leak. Rather than repair the pipe in the slab and risking
another leak, I'm going to abandon the slab plumbing and run pipe in the
walls and ceilings. I've heard some contractors tell me that I should use
type 'L' pipe while others tell me type 'M' is fine. Can anyone tell me
the
advantages and disadvantages of either pipe and their experiences with
repiping a house.
any help appreciated.
Ron

copper pipe presents health hazards

pvc pipe doesn't

consider using pvc (cpvc for the hot water)

Google - pvc +cancer -

--
Bill

you are confusing occupational exposure to pvc (i.e. unprotected workers who
make pvc - more profitable for the owners) with pvc used in plumbing

pvc used in plumbing presents no known health probems; though pvc is itself
toxic, after being in use 3 weeks water delivered by pvc is free of any pvc

copper, on the other hand, used in plumbing definitely presents health
problems to humans (noting per
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...241107300.html
"However, my own dog had cancer and he was allways given water from the tap
in the kitchen with copper pipes.")

google copper pipe cancer

copper pipe also causes schizophrenia in humans, as well as other problems,
already covered in depth in this newsgroup and now available in the google
archives

google is your friend