Mike

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:50:01 GMT, Jim Laumann
wrote:

I have a carbide tipped 10" blade which is causing some "burned" marks
on wood. It occurs when I'm ripping, and have to stop to reposition
my hands. As long as I keep the wood in motion, things are ok.

Seems to me I read something about using oven cleaner to remove
the build up. Can any one confirm?

It will get the sap off but it's messy and kind of a pain. I don't
know if cleaning the blade will solve the problem you describe.
Another type of blade better suited for ripping may be the answer.
We rarely (never) clean our blades but they are always clean when we
get them back from the sharpener guy. :-) I don't know what he uses.

Mike O.