jmiguez

DoN, Jim is correct. I have just uploaded to the drop box two new
pictures of the apron and carriage. You can see the lever which is use
to change between the longitudinal and cross feed drives. It is
currently in the lower position which is the longitudinal.

Jim - I don't know what the serial number of my lathe is. I have a
vice mounted to a metal plate which is clamped to the "Vs" with two
drilled bars below the "Vs",much like the carriage or tailstock on
the far end. I will have to remove it to see the S/N. I will then
tell you what it is.

My lathe originally came from the Montgomery Machinery Co. on Fulton
Street, NY, NY. There is a brass plate riveted on the bed with their
name. Also, the only place where I see anything about "Star" is on
the leg castings. Each one has a 4' star cast into the middle of the
legs, along with a date of Nov 5 95.

John