jim rozen

In article .com, jmiguez
says...

http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/Seneca_Lathe_1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/Seneca_Lathe_2.jpg

John, you may notice some differences between my lathe
and yours.

1) the brass oil cups on my headstock are purely my own
fabrication. That machine had the exact same short, brass
tubes that stuck up from the bearing shells that yours does,
when I got it.

2) the brass oil dauber in my tailstock is likewise a part
I made up from whole cloth - it is not an original Seneca
Falls part.

3) you probably cannot see it, but my machine had the T-slot
for the tool machined off when I got it. I suspect that somebody
might have crashed it badly and torn the top off the slide.
Maybe they were in process of repairing it, and got sidetracked
for a 'few' years. So I completed the repair by installing two
plates to form the top of the T-slot, each one held down with
three screws into the casting.

Jim

please reply to: