Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm getting my kitchen torn out and remodeled, even a new floor. Since
it's a mud-job, the contractor told me to go with radiant floor
heating... he said it's much better and more efficient than baseboard
heating. I have baseboard in there now, but it would be removed in
order to make room for a bench, etc. He claims -- why put in more
baseboard or toe-kick baseboard heat when you could install radiant
heat since the floor is up.
So, is it better? What are your thoughts?
Thanks!

I'd go with the radiant. I rarely wear shoes in the house. You are going
to have a tile floor, so just think how much more comfy your feet will be in
the winter. In my house the floor is even cooler by the door. Radiant
would solve that. This is a good time to make the change.