Jerry G.

Since you have to ask this question, you should take it to your local TV
shop and let them do it for the few dollars that they may charge.

When changing the connector, the wire will have to be cut, and the new one
soldered on. It is VERY IMPORTANT that the polarity is not reversed, or that
the connection does not have a short (usually caused by improper soldering).
If there is a problem, the mother board can be damaged, and thus the
computer repair will be very expensive.

When I was working in servicing consumer equipment, from time to time, I
have seen very expensive cameras, laptops, and other types of equipment come
in with extensive damage. As it turned out, most of this type of damage was
caused by people trying to save a few dollars by attempting to fix it
themselves. In the end, they usually ended up doing more damage than what
they started with.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Sabian Smith" wrote in message
The AC adapter for my laptop broke, but only the very end connector that
plugs into the laptop. It is a DC coaxial connector (female), i think 5mmOD
x 2.1mm ID. I assume I can purchase these little connectors at radioshack.
How do I attach them to the wire? Do I have to cut the wire and solder
something? Any links with instruction for a soldering newbie?

thanks