Jim Frame

Default Cutting Decorative SS Sheet

As part of a kitchen remodel, we recently had a new range hood
installed. We plan to use a plain rectangular brushed stainless vent
pipe cover to match the hood, but the vent exits through a sloped
ceiling. The manufacturer (Ventahood) will custom-cut the vent cover,
but they want almost $290 for the work -- more than the cost of the
cover itself.

A local fab shop says they can make the cuts using either a plasma torch
or an abrasive wheel in a die grinder, but that either process will
leave a blue burn line along the cut. Before I shell out almost $300
for cutting, I'd be interested to hear about any other options that
might be available.

Thanks.

Jim Frame (530) 756-8584 756-8201 (FAX)
Frame Surveying & Mapping 609 A Street Davis, CA 95616