On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:52:19 GMT, indago
wrote:

050127 0240 - George E. Cawthon posted:

Stopped by Costco yesterday and saw a no-battery flashlight.
Before Christmas I saw one at Fred Meyer and was going
to buy it as a gift for camping trips but by the time I
decided to buy it, they were out.

Anyway, it's a yellow thing labeled GEI INC. Has a squeeze
handle and a switch, so I had to buy one. The instruction
say you get about 3 minutes of light for each 30 seconds of
squeezing. Damn it is bright. Probably not much good for
wandering around the woods, but useful if the electricity
goes out, and I can read by it which is more than I can say
for the standard lights in my travel trailer. It must have
a small capacity rechargeable battery in it. I squeezed it
for about 30 seconds yesterday afternoon, checked how bright
it was and turned it on for a few seconds several times
during the evening. Still bright this morning and still
bright tonight, so it is holding a charge. Cute, useful,
and $8.

Check in that section too for the solar powered flashlights...

Personally, never trusted those. We sometimes get days of gloominess
before a storm, and was uneasy about having a flashlight that could
'drain' before we actually needed it.

imho,

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com