Charlie Self

Robert Bonomi responds:

I do use Mozilla Thunderbird for email because it handles multiple
accounts quite well.

Why not try Opera 8. It's free, very fast and stable browser. It don't

crash
like Netscrap or IE. http://www.opera.com/products/

Maybe 'cuz "Thunderbird" is a dedicated e-mail client, and does e-mail
*ONLY*.
It doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Some people prefer single-function applications.

Opera _is_ a *good* web-browser. But you have to pay money to get the
version
*without* the intrusive advertising.

On a par with Firefox (from the Mozilla people).

For e-mail -- especially for virtually 'no-risk' handling of incoming mail,
"The Bat!", although a for-pay program, is *very* difficult to beat. It is
about the only program (I don't -know- of any others, but there may be some)
where you can tell it to _completely_ ignore any/all HTML in a message. *OR*
to ignore links and references while allowing HTML formatting to occur. And
it _won't_ pull in anything that isn't already part of the message. "web
bugs",
and such, just "don't work" when mail is read with "The Bat!".

Jeez. Well, if Earthlink doesn't work--God knows, the invoice comes quickly
enough, even though the program won't load--it's upwards and onwards. Verizon.
I'll likely end up there anyway, because--so they say every six months--in six
months they'll be "giving" us DSL.

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000