On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 04:59:58 GMT, "Rob Stokes"
wrote:

All this time, and I've never gloated before. I kinda like it!

Bunch o' guys that hang out on another forum got together in
September/October to mill a free maple. the tree was part of a homestead,
planted in 1880, and used to like the driveway, the owners wanted it to got
to something other than firewood. We were more than happy to oblige.

After a couple of weekends cutting, milling (Alaskan chain saw mill) and 8
weeks being kiln dried (in and out of the kiln 12 times to relieve the
stress's), we brought home the stack today. Most of it's curly, some of it's
a full (clear) 24" wide, most of it's dead flat.

http://www.robswoodworking.com/woodb...maple_pile.jpg

9/4 KD curly maple, 1023 bd ft...cost works out to $0.80/bd ft.

Rob

Thou suckest!

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.