Robert Bonomi

In article ,
WD wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:32:15 -0800, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I do use Mozilla Thunderbird for email because it handles multiple
accounts quite well.

Why not try Opera 8. It's free, very fast and stable browser. It don't crash
like Netscrap or IE. http://www.opera.com/products/

Maybe 'cuz "Thunderbird" is a dedicated e-mail client, and does e-mail *ONLY*.
It doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Some people prefer single-function applications.

Opera _is_ a *good* web-browser. But you have to pay money to get the version
*without* the intrusive advertising.

On a par with Firefox (from the Mozilla people).

For e-mail -- especially for virtually 'no-risk' handling of incoming mail,
"The Bat!", although a for-pay program, is *very* difficult to beat. It is
about the only program (I don't -know- of any others, but there may be some)
where you can tell it to _completely_ ignore any/all HTML in a message. *OR*
to ignore links and references while allowing HTML formatting to occur. And
it _won't_ pull in anything that isn't already part of the message. "web bugs",
and such, just "don't work" when mail is read with "The Bat!".

If I had to be reading mail on a PC, I'd be using it, myself. Since I read
all my mail on a UNIX box, my situation is different. The Bat! is the only
thing I recommend to my clients, however.