Larry Blanchard

In article ,
otforme says...
Ah, the joys of changing over. AOL recommends Mozilla for NGs. So I go for it,
download for nearly 45 minutes, install as per directions, and open the
program.

Yeah, right, as one of my granddaughters is wont to say. Mozilla loads with
some kind of ISP called PeoplePC which immediately informs me my first month is
free, but after that, $10.95. It then doesn't DO anything. Neither one do. I
can't reach the web sites, can't send mail, cannot do squat.

Charlie, just download FreeAgent or Gravity. They will read news ONLY.
They don't do web browsing or email. They are free. Most people prefer
FreeAgent but I've always liked Gravity better. I don't like either one
for newgroup binaries, I've kept an old copy of Netscape 3.x for that.

I don't know where you got Mozilla from. I downloaded it from the
Mozilla home site and I got none of the Peoplesoft junk. The only
reason I'm not using it is it's too slow on my old machine.

I do use Mozilla Thunderbird for email because it handles multiple
accounts quite well.