Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales

Scraping soft wood is always a problem.
The angle of the blade to the wood causes tearing out of grain. If you
increase the angle the tool will often become un-manageable. The guarded
hook tool system (look at it on our site) gives the user a slicing cut but
with the advantage of a limited amount of cutter exposed to the wood.
Scraping is fine for hard wood although the short high speed chips comming
off the cutter can be annoying and a face shield is helpful
Ken Port

--
www.woodcut-tools.com

"Rod" wrote in message
news
I have some very soft timber that is giving me problems with grain

tearout.
Ashley Isles make a Reg Sherwin Shear Scraper that looks like it would be
good for this application. I am wondering if anyone has used this tool and
what their experience was.

Thanks Rod.