Dave Hinz

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:44:30 GMT, Jon Anderson wrote:
Dave,

I have found a cheaper source than what I first posted. Conex Containers
quoted me $2100 delivered to Grass Valley from Oakland. I talked to
Matt, phone is 800-216-1830. Surplus City, just mentioned in another
post, is closer, but they get a couple hundred more for the container
and delivery is $70/hour. Your distance from the source has a lot to do
with final price.

Bad news: I'm in Wisconsin. Good news: I can see the Port of Milwaukee
from here. So maybe viable anyway.

A container is really ideal for me, and I just might
go with this. One reason I balked at containers at first was the cost of
moving. First place to give me a quote said another $800 to come back
and move it when I move. But I've since learned that a local tow company
can move a 20' unit on their rollback, for $150/hr. That would run maybe
$300 max for a local move, and I'd sure shop around come the day...

So, build a flat surface and just plunk it down, or do I need to put it
on concrete or gravel? Even if it just sits on a flat spot of gravel,
it'd be a quick way to get a weather-tight storage room on the quick.
Could even probably be dressed up to look decent?

BTW, there's a guy selling a CD on ebay that covers using containers for
temporary and permanent storage/building use. It's all stuff you can
learn for yourself of course, but if you value your time, it's worth the
$8 or so.

Thanks Jon, I'll check that out.

Dave Hinz