Travis Jordan

Steve IA wrote:
I have a Magnavox TV and a RCA sat tuner which are primarily the
units I want to control with 1 remote. Would it be advantageous to
aim for one of those manufacturers when looking for a universal
remote? Would a magnavox remote give me a better chance of
controlling all the tv functions (off/on, volume, channel, picture
menu etc) as well as the fewer on the sat tuner
(off/on/menu/channel). Thanks

Since you still have both original remotes, just be sure to buy a
"learning" remote and you can always program any missing features (from
either the TV or sat tuner) into the new remote control. That is why I
recommended the Sony RM-VL700. I've got two of them and they have been
perfect for my use.

http://www.remotecentral.com/vl700/index.html

This one is available in silver or black, your choice: (note: I'm not
recommending this site, just showing you that it comes in both colors).
http://www.hotbuyselectronics.com/it...item_id=105561

Hope this helps.