Joseph Meehan

Steve IA wrote:

I bought a little Magnavox - Philips job. Cost about $30.00 it is an 7
or 8 way design and I love it. It has outlasted two original remotes and
has done everything I have wanted. It is not complex and it is well thought
out in design.

If this is not the appropriate group, please direct me to a better.

My old RCA TV bit the dust this morning. I found a magnavox 27MS3404R
on sale and bought it. I got it home and hooked up ok, only to find
that the remote provided is for the TV only, and will not control the
satellite box or vcr or nothing else. I tried to reprogram the RCA
remote, but I can get only about 1/2 the functions to work. i.e. it
will turn the tv off, but not on, the setup menu will appear, but I
can't arrow to the options, etc. I've tried dozens of code numbers
from every website and documentation I can find. Only one code does
anything, and that is the limited functions described above.
I've decided I probably need to get a *GOOD* universal remote to
control these things, and I don't want to spend a lot of money. Any
suggestions apprectiated. Thank you.
Steve
41N

--