Gideon

Stormin,

Maybe I'm a sap, but I've been on this earth a fair number of years and I've
learned to prioritize my criteria. When I hire somebody, the first thing that
I'm looking for is somebody who is honest and truthful. Do I really want
Albert Einstein if I determine that his primary motive is to rape me? Nope!

Once again, you come across as somebody who is sincere in his desire to help
people and who will admit his limitations. That's all I expect from Usenet.

Thanks,
Gideon

Stormin Mormon wrote in message ...
Good computer guys are hard to find. It is a pleasure to make your
aquaintance.

Ah, well. Sometimes I turn away work, and somtimes it finds me anyhow.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gideon" wrote in message

Stormin Mormon wrote
Incidentally, dunno if you noticed, I *AM* a heating guy
..... but I try never to be insulting.

Yes - I have noticed that you are a heating guy and I've notice
that you come out here to be helpful rather than smug.

It is appreciated.

I'm a computer guy. People corner me at parties and other get-
togethers and pump me for free advice. Others phone me in the
middle of my work day and I talk them through a problem over
the phone for free. I seldom resent it and I take pleasure in helping
somebody solve a problem himself. I'm still going to make a living
even if some segment of society can fix their own computer problems
or write their own computer code. I'm just not that insecure in my
skills or my career.

I still haven't figured out why HVAC folks seem to be so particularly
touchy and caustic. My auto mechanic doesn't resent the fact that
I do 90% of my car repairs myself. He appreciates the fact that he's
still getting 10% of my work plus the many referrals that I send his
way.