George E. Cawthon

TCS wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:40:37 GMT, George E. Cawthon wrote:

Stopped by Costco yesterday and saw a no-battery flashlight.
Before Christmas I saw one at Fred Meyer and was going
to buy it as a gift for camping trips but by the time I
decided to buy it, they were out.

Anyway, it's a yellow thing labeled GEI INC. Has a squeeze
handle and a switch, so I had to buy one. The instruction
say you get about 3 minutes of light for each 30 seconds of
squeezing. Damn it is bright. Probably not much good for
wandering around the woods, but useful if the electricity
goes out, and I can read by it which is more than I can say
for the standard lights in my travel trailer. It must have

I guess if you haven't the skills to keep batteries in a flashlight and to
keep a spare set somewhere then it might come in handy.

My guess would be that the person incapable of managing a battery operated
flashlight would also be incapable of remembering where he stored that
windup flashlight.

It's a novelty! But you didn't read it all. Have you ever
read with a flashlight? bright spots, dim spots, it's a
mess. This one held about 2 feet from a book fills the page
with even illumination, so I will make a holder. And the
switch is quiet in comparison to the damn 6 V that clicks
loudly and which I use every time I get up to go take a
whizz and that's pretty often.

Manage batteries? Yeah I manage batteries, 3 in vehicles, 2
in the trailer, rechargeable in two drills, cameras,
toothbrushes and batteries in 6V lamps, flashlights, TV,
VCR, DVD, stereo controllers, phones, smoke sensors, CO
sensors, tape machines, radios, GPS, 5mile talkers, 2 mile
talkers. I've got lots of battery operated stuff and lots
of batteries in the refrig and I manage very well. I
remember when the only things that had batteries were cars,
tractors, and flashlights (maybe 1 or 2 for the father) and
the lights were kerosene. Yeah, I manage my batteries very
well, seem that you can't manage your flippant mouth tho.