JonS

Rich,

Thank you for the comments. I will certainly ask him those questions
when he returns my call. Unfortunately, the subcontractors in this
area jump when the builders say jump and there is just too much new
construction going on right now. I General Contracted the house on my
own and did about half of the work. It actually came out better than
some of the spec homes in the area, it's just the headaches of dealing
with subs that don't make you a priority.

I've been trying to gather some of that information to do the calcs
myself. I've got BS and MS degrees in engineering, so the heat
transfer equation is no big deal. I don't have access (as far as I
know) to Manual J, etc, but I did compute total wall area, knock off
for windows, doors, figured for R-values, etc. - the basics. If I
could find the info in the manual as to how to determine the flow
rates, blower speeds, etc, I could do it. If you can point me in the
right direction or are willing to walk me through it, I would
appreciate it.

The interesting thing looking back is that I originally had 4 companies
bid this house. I still have the original quotes and the range in unit
sizes is : 4 Ton unit whole house, 2 1/2 ton first floor + 1 1/2 ton
2nd floor, 3 ton 1st + 2 ton 2nd (my system) and a 6 ton whole house
unit at the high end. Yet all of them were in the range of 600 to 750
feet of ground loop, with 750 being what i have.

Thanks again.

Jon