George

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I think I have found the solution with help from all of you. The right
answer is to take the bearing off of the my round over bit. That way I can
get the wood close enough to round over the flip side without the bearing
getting in the way. I can use my fence to control the offset of the wood
from the bit. I have posted a drawing of what I am trying to do on apbw if
you care. In any case, thanks so much for your effective help as usual.

Well, you could have left it on, and merely isolated it by using it to set
your fence. It's then the same as not being there at all. Lay a straight
edge on the fence across the opening, adjust until the bearing just touches,
clamp the fence.

Visions of a bald guy with a bowling shirt and a lump on his head....