Frank Z

Default Unusual radiator plumbing qn.

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:36:55 +0100, Grunff wrote:

But how would you fit a standard TRV inline? They are designed
for one end to go on the radiator.

Presumably by using a suitable adapter/reducer, it could be fitted to
a 15mm pipe rather than directly to the rad, no?

Question 2: Pipes from radiators usually run downwards, and so most
valves are designed with the inlet or outlet pointing downwards. Does
anyone know where I can buy one with an inlet/oulet running parallel
to the floor? (I couldn't find one at B.E.S.)

What you need is an inline TRV, e.g. Screwfix 15000.

I had a look at that item - thanks. I couldn't tell from the pic if it
is a normal trv but with a horizontal-facing inlet rather than a
downward-pointiong one - or if it is a thermostatic valve designed to
be fitted some distance from a rad, on a horizontal pipe.

Thanks for the help.

Frank