Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Rod

I don't think that it makes any difference, if you want to use danish
oil there is not really any binding anyway, it's just mostly BLO and
thinners , I have a link to Russ Fairfields finishing corner that gives
you a lot of good info on finishing for the wood turner.

http://woodcentral.com/russ/finish7.shtml

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

wrote:

Thanks Leo
I am told that oil will not adhere to shellac so I thought it would
not be a good choice. I will try the lacquer. I believe I should thin
it about 30% if I am using it as a sanding seale. Do you know if this
is correct or not?
Rod
Leo Van Der Loo wrote:

Hi Rod

Shellac is a good sealer, make sure it is not old though, a
nitrocellulose lacquer or sanding sealer works also good.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

What kind of a sealer can I use before a Watco danish oil to

prevent

the end grain from absorbing so much oil and darkening it to much.
Rod