James Hart

Default This coming weeks Aldi specials - air compressor any good?

Mark S. wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:03:28 -0000, "BillV"
wrote:

Lee wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:58:00 -0000, "BillV"
wrote:

Francis wrote:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

Whats Aldi? is it another shop for pikeys like Lidl?

... and Morrisons

.andy

Our nearest Morrisons seems to be full of brain dead morons.
Considering its location, however, this probably isn't surprising...

The odd thing, given the supposed target customer, is that if we do
venture there, we find it is more expensive that Sainsers, although
slightly cheaper than ASDA.
Maybe it's just the things we buy...

Even Sainsburys target their local area by pikeyness apparently as
one manger announced at a conferernce much to the ourage of her
customers :-)

Now I'll draw the line at Aldi (it's horrid) but I've never classed
Morrisons and Safeway as pikey shops?
Not posh enough to goto Sainsburys even if there was one. ;-)

Guess that makes me a pikey.

Aldi is an amazing place to shop. Stuff like bread and milk is that cheap
you wonder what the catch is, taste it and find out
We've got a Lidl as well, just looked like an Aldi clone when I walked
through it, didn't even bother to buy anything. Morrisons is just a waiting
room for the funeral directors by daytime, clumps of depressed looking old
folk standing in big groups in strategic positions blocking the good aisles,
by night it turns into a haven for 20 and 30 something couples pushing kids
round in trollies looking for the latest trendy breakfast cereal. Safeway is
an odd one, it appears to have 2 shift patterns, before 6PM all the
checkouts are fully manned by 60 year old women, there husbands stacking the
shelves but after that time they all morph into teenagers and shut all bar 2
tills and the fag/lottery counter.

Me? I buy my groceries at a variety of mini marts and corner shops as and
when I remember I need something.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk