IMM

Default Warm Air Heating

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:45:19 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

With electrostatic air filters this is not the case at all.

It is exactly the case. The only advantage of electrostatic
filtering is that it is quiet and by precipitating lightweight
particles it prolongs the life of the particulate filters. It has no
measurable effect on internal airborne dust levels.

Absolute tripe.

I'd really like to find out (a) general opinions on this sort of
system relative to conventional radiators

To achieve equivalent comfort levels you need to operate the house a
degree or two warmer than you would with radiators as there is no
radiant heat.

Totally untrue. The heat emitted from radiators is 90% convection.

I refer you (again) to any book on basic physiology.

snip tripe

In well insulated houses the upstairs rooms tend to
become warmer than the downstairs ones which some people don't like
(most prefer bedrooms to be slightly cooler for the best quality
sleep).

One again untrue. This appears a well designed and installed system.

The
upstairs, or any room, can be balanced to reduce air flow.

You can reduce air flow but even in Immyland you can't stop hot air
rising (something you must have noticed).

Oh my God. There is little to natural airconveection in a room tat has air
being blow in. I good syste,m will keep the air moving at all times, no
matter how slowly.

snip ill-informed stuff

Not worth taking issue with is so bad.