Ed Huntress

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:13:16 -0500, the inscrutable "Ed Huntress"
spake:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Please read this book for the message, it will change you."

It's amazing what one can do by applying the methods of fiction to

polemic.
We await in anticipation what you find in there. g

Gee, Ed. I feel myself changing already, just as the reviewer said.
I found WORDS in there! Unfortunately, he uses "there's" far too often
in place of the contextually correct "there are."

How do you feel about the SCOTUS decision of the subject?
I feel that it is downright WRONG; that the taxes for the
portion going to the attorney should be paid by the attorney,
not the awardee. Otherwise, double taxes are paid, and those
gov't folks have too much of "our" money now.

I haven't read the decision, Larry, so I have no opinion. There is a
question of the constitutionality of it, and another one of the fairness --
which, sad to say, sometimes has little to do with constitutionality.

They'd both take some time to figure out. But most tax issues boil down to
how you want to divide the payments up. It tends to come out of the same
pockets in the end, for the most part.

--
Ed Huntress