Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
I am an engineer, I do machine design on a contract basis mostly
automation equipment. I have to design a flat belt conveyor (something
the customer normally just purchases) about 10" wide and 24" long.
My question concerns the crown on the pulleys. Does the tail pulley
have to be crowned as well as the head pulley? I prefer to approximate
the crown by turning a slight angle on each end of the pulley so that
the machining can be done on a simple lathe. Does anybody have a
suggestion as to the angle and length of this chamfer?

Here's some info from Habasit, you could probably find more
on Shingle and Siegling's websites...

http://www.habasitusa.com/media.asp?...eyor%20Pulley%
20Crown.pdf

You can purchase crowned conveyor pulleys with QD hubs from
Van Gorp. Van Gorp used to be part of Browning and Emerson
Electric-that doesn't appear to be the case any more.

http://www.vangorp.biz/products.html

If the 24 inch length is not a misprint, one crowned pulley
should be adequate.

Ned Simmons