Roger Shoaf

I would go here and see if I could find a stock gear and modify it as
necessary to replace your broken gear.

http://www.martinsprocket.com/

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"Karl Vorwerk" wrote in message
I tried repairing the missing tooth on the nylon gear by welding some

nylon
in place and then filed it to shape. It broke at the weld possibly due to

lack of skill on my part as I've never welded plastic before and used a
piece of metal heated by my mapp gas torch to melt it. I'm considering
making a metal tooth screwed to a backing plate inside the gear rim. The
nylon gear is acting against a steel gear so I doubt it will cause too

much
damage if it's a little off. The shredder was free because it was broken

so
no great loss if I can't fix it. You can't buy a repair part from the

maker.
My friend already tried.
Thanks
Karl