Barry

Larry,

Could you be more specefic on this book? Sounds Interesting. I have been
unable to google it.

Thanks Barry

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:22:56 GMT, the inscrutable Gunner
spake:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:41:58 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

Gunner, that law was passed in1996 when your hero the Newt and your
beloved
Republicans were running things in Congress. It is in the "Small
Business
Protection Act", part of their "Contract on America".

The Contract with America, Glenn, was one of the few things Congress
ever did -right-.

It can actually teg much worse than your example. In the O'Gilive case
that
the SCOUS decided, the family that won a $10 Mil award when their mother
died from toxic shock. After legal fees and taxes they owed the IRS
$500,000 more than they received.

See:

http://www.latimes.com/business/investing/la-na-tax25jan25,1,7736904.story?coll=la-headlines-business-invest&ctrack=1&cset=true

That truly f*cking sucks. The gov't gets their max share from
both the awardee and the lawyer who claims it as income. Is out
gov't out of control, or what?

P.S: I'm just over 100 pages into Ross' "Unintentional Consequences".
It won't be as quick to read because it's so heavy--it strains my
wrist trying to hold it up to read in bed. Man, 860 pages of fun!

---
After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in? --Steven Wright