Tweakit

Pipe (like water pipe) is measured by it's ID (inner diameter) and tubing
by it's OD.(outer diameter)

I have fabricated lots of mini bike frames and have mostly use 1" mild
steel tubing with a .058 to .125
wall thickness.

The thicker the wall the less likely for the tubing to crimp. but the frame
will get heavy pretty quick with
real thick tubing.

Check out Pro Tools on the web. they have a good hobby priced bender, the
105 model is what have,
real nice people to deal with. located in Florida I think.

Good luck.

"Yvan@office" wrote in message
Nedavno Tim Williams pise:

Pipe is usually larger than the claimed dimension: 1/2" pipe is closer to
3/4" in diameter. There are tables. Tubing, on the other hand, is done
even values, 2" tubing is either 2" inside or out. It also may have
thinner wall, depending on the use of "tubing".

What about tube material? I want to make some mini chopper frame. What
tube
material should I look for (that bends most trouble-free)?

--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **