chris French

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Aldrich wrote:
I have a minor question about wiring. I need to rewire a
double-insulated downlighter (used upstairs - so the unit is exposed in
the loft). I will use 1.5mm2 6242Y T+E cable. As the unit is
double-insulated there is no terminal for an earth wire. The terminal
box on the back of the unit has no room to lose the earth wire. Should
I cut the earth wire off, or sleeve it and bring it back out of the
terminal box (leaving the sleeved wire exposed)?

Sleeve it and tape it up out of the way. It might well be needed if you
change the fitting at a later date. Cut it off, and you loose that option.

Unless there is slack in the cable. which if it a cable i loft
supplying light there maybe.
--
Chris French, Leeds