Stefek Zaba

Chris J Dixon wrote:

And regarding electrics, my house has a global RCD, Does this mean I don't
need an RCD for the whirlpool connection? And can I take the power for the
whirlpool bath as a spur from a ring socket?

Should be OK, but don't forget that this now comes under part P
(Google if you are not up to speed)

Depends on the rating of the whole-house RCD. If it's 30mA sensitivity,
it's OK (though not best practice to have all the lights go out when
some other circuit causes the RCD to trip). But if it's a 100mA
sensitivity trip - as needed for a TT installation, typical with a rural
overhead supply - it's not nearly sensitive enough to provide the
required protection against shock, and you'd need a 30mA RCD for the
circuit the whirlpool feeds from.