Nova

Mark Howell wrote:

Too much distortion when mounted. They're dead flat off the
fence, but when mounted they flex too much. The 4 clips pull
the face to the fence, and between the clips the stuff bows
outward.

I have the same fence. It sounds like the mortise for the clips in
the UHMW were cut a little too deep. Try backing off a bit on the
screws holding the clips to the UHMW where the fence is pulled in. It
took me a number of tries but I was able to get it to about .002 along
it's length. One of the good points is I now can remove and install
the faces with a rap with the palm of my hand. Using a mallet is no
longer necessary.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA