Mark Howell

"BobS" wrote in message
Mark,

Wait, just remove the clips and leave the original screws in there?

My fence didn't have clips (Xacta 52") just 4 screws and it was about as
flat as the rolling hills of Virginia...
I can't answer that for you but if the screws that are there will work out
spacing wise, then use them. Otherwise you want nearly even spacing on the
screws.

Maybe I'm using the wrong term for the "clips" , but my fence is an Xacta II
52", and the clips are mounted to the uhmw faces with 2 screws. The 4 screws
protruding from the fence slide into these clips. I posted a couple of pics
in
ABPW for clarity. I thought the screws in the fence were pressed in, but as
it
turns out there is so much paint on these screws that a phillips screwdriver
would not budge them. I got one out with a pair of vise-grips.

You're right, the metal fence isn't flat, I get deviations near the

screw
bosses. They're all pulled out slightly. I could probably clamp them
back to flush again.

You may find that a ball-peen hammer will do more good than trying to use
clamps. Just enough force to tap it back flat and that will not distort

the
rest of the fence.

Maybe I should try pulling all the screws out and then flatten all that
*#@&%
paint!

Bob S.