Mortimer

Default 16th Edition Test Equipment

Steven Briggs wrote in message ...
In message , Lurch
writes

If you're in the NIC you can now do 'self calibrations'.

How's that work then?

I assume some kit has to be checked every day / before use, i.e. I know
the insulation testers on the production lines at work are checked with
known standard test boxes every day.
Or do you mean checking accuracy of say a voltmeter?
At some point whatever you local "standard reference" is, is itself
going to have to be calibrated against something else that has traceable
calibration.

Thanks for all the replies and information. Managed to navigate eBay
and was succesful in getting a Megger CM200 for £323. Thanks again.