Joe AutoDrill

That got me thinking. Weiler Corporation " http://www.weilercorp.com/ "
makes abrasive brushes that are designed specifically for deburring
parts. I've used them in auto operations on a machining center with great
success. Running them by hand would be just as effective.

Because he is working with a tube that will accept another tube immediately
after the holes are drilled, I suggested he use either a drill or preferably
a reamer from the end of the tube with a tool extension rod as needed...
That way the inside of the tube is guaranteed to match the ID he needs and
the burr is effectively removed.

As someone else also mentioned, making sure the feed rate of the drilling
machine is controlled could almost eliminate the burr as well. The bit
wants to "jump" through the last little bit of material and that cuases a
heavy burr. If the bit was kept at a constant (slow) feed rate, then the
bit would not "plow" through and the burr would be wafer thin and minimized.
Even a solid "cleanout" rod could probably be used to deburr the pieces at
that point rather than a reamer...

Poor tube is gonna be sanded, drilled, reamed, poked and burned to a crisp
by the time we all get done with it, huh?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.autodrill.com