Dave

"Wild Bill" wrote in
:

I've used the handheld deburring tools for years, and they're great
for most tasks, but the internal edges of holes in tubing are a little
too complex to allow them to be very effective.
I can't help but wonder (about well, lots of things), if a spinning
wire brush wouldn't clean up the holes nicely. Check with Tom at Ohio
Brush for the availability of different bristle materials and sizes.
This would be relatively severe duty for the longevity of the brush,
so cheap imported retail store brushes wouldn't provide good results.
This would be a second operation, but a brush (those spiraled tube
brushes) mounted in a spinning drill press chuck and poked into the
drilled holes, would probably do a good job of deburring, and possibly
add a small radius to the edges of the holes in aluminum tubing.

Ideally, you'd want to drill the holes with a method to minimize the
break-through burrs if at all possible.
Steel or SS bristles would probably clean the holes fairly
efficiently. I would think that poking the brush into the holes would
be more effective than running it thru the length of the tube.

If I were confronted with this problem in *steel* tubing, I'd probably
use a Dremel stone or sanding drum, but if a miniature flap wheel was
available, that'd probably work better.

WB

That got me thinking. Weiler Corporation " http://www.weilercorp.com/ "
makes abrasive brushes that are designed specifically for deburring
parts. I've used them in auto operations on a machining center with great
success. Running them by hand would be just as effective.

Dave