Tekkie

Gideon posted for all of us....

Stormin Mormon wrote
Incidentally, dunno if you noticed, I *AM* a heating guy
..... but I try never to be insulting.

Yes - I have noticed that you are a heating guy and I've notice
that you come out here to be helpful rather than smug.

He gives one that "impression" but he is a hack! He won't learn, he gives
out dangerous advice and shows NO signs of improvement in spite of coddling
by more knowledgeable people who have given up in frustration.

He also claims to be a locksmith but busts door jambs and takes money off
drunks - by his OWN admission!

It is appreciated.

Not by anyone that has the least bit of common sense, knowledge of topics in
which he "claims" to know about or cares about their family's safety.

I'm a computer guy. People corner me at parties and other get-
togethers and pump me for free advice. Others phone me in the
middle of my work day and I talk them through a problem over
the phone for free. I seldom resent it and I take pleasure in helping
somebody solve a problem himself. I'm still going to make a living
even if some segment of society can fix their own computer problems
or write their own computer code. I'm just not that insecure in my
skills or my career.

Big deal; you smoke a power supply and people won't die.

I still haven't figured out why HVAC folks seem to be so particularly
touchy and caustic. My auto mechanic doesn't resent the fact that
I do 90% of my car repairs myself. He appreciates the fact that he's
still getting 10% of my work plus the many referrals that I send his
way.

Most of the HVAC people will give an answer here if the question hasn't
been asked 5 bizallion times before, nobody does any research anymore...

Your auto mechanic can see what your abilities are, can't see HVAC over the
net. Would you tell some person who you have no idea of their abilities how
to diagnose and repair a complex brake repair over the net?

--
Tekkie