Dave

Kathy,
This newsgroup is a dangerous place to try to get advise, since just
about all but one poster is completely wrong. If you follow the kick
him out, move his stuff, call the cops advise, he will certainly have a
legal claim against you, and he will win, despite whatever the posters
here say. I don't know your state, but he likely has what has been
referred to here as "renters rights" whether he has paid you any rent
or signed a contract, or not.
You have to go through an unlawful detainer (eviction) action to
legally get him out. Don't worry, it's inexpensive. Call your local bar
association and they can put you in touch of a landlord assistance
group or someone who can do it pro bono if you can't afford an
attorney. To handle it any other way is not only wrong, but illegal.
Also do a search on misc.legal newsgroup for "unlawful detainer." You
will get more info than you need.

I am a lawyer, but not your lawyer and this post is not intended as
legal advise and does not create an attorney/client relationship.
Good luck,
David

Kathy wrote:
I have an in-law suite above my garage. My son used to live in there.

He
moved out and bought a house and a friend of my daughters was fueding

with
his mom, (his dad already put him out)so I let him move into the room
provided he did "son things" and paid his own way as far as utilities

went.
Well he won't do the son things, has too many people over and told me

I'm
crazy when I showed him the utility bill and he wont move out. What

the ****
can I do short of killing him? He's been there since November so he

should
have saved up enough money to get a place by now. He hides from my

husband
and wrote us a letter saying he thinks he has renters rights. Can

anybody
give me some advice? The kid has been lying to us all along. I'm

afraid he's
going to trash the place or worse yet, get raided for having

under-aged
friends in there drinking and smoking pot. He was an alright kid when

he was
sleeping on my couch. Now he thinks he's king of the hill. I just

want him
to leave.