J. Clarke

Fred Holder wrote:

I've been using newsguy.com for many years. You read the newsgroups in
your web browser with the newsguy format.

I've been using newsguy for many years too. I didn't even know they had
that capability.

It is much better than any news
reader that I've tried.

I just took a look at their Web interface. If that's better than any
newsreader that you've tried you've tried some pretty miserable excuses for
newsreaders.

Unfortunately, it does cost about $35.00 a year. I
consider that money well spent.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article , Bill Day says...

On 25 Jan 2005 21:35:33 -0800, "Earl" wrote:

I just use a computer to get done what I want to do and find the
easiest way to get to this newsgroup is through google. That way you
don't need anything but to go to the interenet and then google. The
address below is bookmarked. It's that easy.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...F-8&edition=us

but in Google, you can't control the way threads are sorted nor choose
special screen layouts like you can with a real newsreader...and many
other features....It is fine if you have no real alternatives, but
boy, you get VERY spoiled very fast with Agent, or Firebird or any
full-featured newsreader.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)