mac davis

On 23 Jan 2005 16:26:46 GMT, (Kip055) wrote:

My problem is that whether I use a tenon or a base, the bowl won't
true on the chuck.

If you are working with unseasoned or partially seasoned stock, the problem may
be that the tenon is "moving" and changing shape. What I do is jam chuck the
bowl to be finish turned, true the tenon and outside, then chuck up and work
the inside. Rarely use a dovetail recess, but expect that a similar strategy
might work.

Hope this helps!. If I'm not making myself clear, please feel free to get back
to me in group or by email

Kip Powers
Rogers, AR

Kip.. perfectly clear, thanks...
My problem seems to be the spigot jaws, no problem with the #2 jaws...
but some operator error involved, too..

This problem occurred with green or kiln dried wood... and on the
green stuff , the tenon was cut right after turning on center, then
put on the chuck when the tenon was done..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing