Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Colin Docherty wrote:
Hi Folks,

I've fitted two baths before, but I'd like to get one of these whirlpool
baths now.

Is it a big deal to fit one? Whats involved (you can't see underneath most
of them when in the shops)? And extra things I need to buy?

It shouldn't be a big deal. I fitted one recently - however it's the
first bath I've ever fitted, so no idea about the differences!

It sits on 4 feet which are adjustable, but I'd also secured it into
a wooden frame under the bath.

And regarding electrics, my house has a global RCD, Does this mean I don't
need an RCD for the whirlpool connection? And can I take the power for the
whirlpool bath as a spur from a ring socket?

I had a spur of the upstairs mains going into a wall mounted fan heater
in the bathroom - I took that out, but kept the cable and diverted it
to a faceplate on the wall next to the bath - I then replaced the fused
switchbox next to a double socket outside the bathroom (where the spur
originated) by a fused RCD unit.

It's a fantastic bath btw. It'll pay for itself in terms of bubble-bath
required in about ....

Seriously, start with ONE CAPFULL of bubble bath and work up or down
from there.. Don't just pour 1/4 a bottle under the taps as we used to do...

Gordon